What are the benefits of Infant Massage?
Squamish Infant Massage’s class model is designed by the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM). IAIM is the largest and most experienced infant massage organization in the world with a presence in more than 50 countries. Founder Vimala McClure’s work, dating back to the 1970s, is supported by current scientific and medical evidence.
By attending a class you will be learning more than just massage strokes. Our program involves many different styles of touch, movement, interaction and communication.
Both research and anecdotal evidence from families have shown that there are many ways that babies and families may benefit from infant massage.
- Promoting bonding and secure attachment
- Verbal and non verbal communication
- Learning more about your babies unique cues
- Circulatory and digestive systems
- Coordination and Balance
- Muscular development and growth
- Mind and body awareness
- Relief from gas and colic
- Constipation and digestive discomfort
- Teething discomfort
- Cramps and muscular tension
- Improved sleep patterns
- Increased regularity of emotional states
- Reduction in stress hormones